The Democrats are agitating for a 51st state that would be the District of Columbia, not for reasons of fairness but to build their party into an unchallengeable political power. America would be better off declaring its independence from the capital.
As it says in this nation’s founding document, the Declaration of Independence, we believe our Creator endowed us with certain unalienable rights: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But the ruling class in Washington does not believe as we do. It believes only in the expansion of its power. The facts, “submitted to a candid world,” speak for themselves.
- America’s ruling class has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass and tax out their substance.
- It co-opted the military to gaslight the nation with the ultimate goal being the crushing of dissent.
- It has endeavored to foment civil war by enabling and encouraging racial division, riots, wokeness, and the relentless cancel culture.
- It has plundered our future with unnecessary aid in the present.
- It has constrained our fellow citizens through counterproductive, falsely premised lockdowns.
- It has excited domestic insurrections among us in service of its objectives.
- It has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving its assent to acts of pretended legislation.
- It wishes to abolish our most valuable election laws, and alter fundamentally the forms of our governments.
- It wishes to suspend our Constitution, and declare itself invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
- It has repeatedly attempted to dissolve elections legitimately won by political rivals.
The Founders gave us a republic in which we were to be independent from the national capital. The 10th Amendment explicitly says “the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.” The federal government’s authority is by design limited.
The post D.C. Statehood? How About a Declaration of Independence From Washington Instead? appeared first on LewRockwell.